Canada Day in Ottawa Pt. 1

Hello Friends! Nothing makes me more proud to be Canadian than to be around other proud Canadians. One of the things I love most about th...

Hello Friends!

Nothing makes me more proud to be Canadian than to be around other proud Canadians.
One of the things I love most about this country is how patriotic our nation is, without being too in your face about it.

Last weekend was Canada Day. We celebrated by joining my brother and his gf and going to the nations capital, Ottawa, and having a good ol' beaver tail, maple syrup, Canuck time.

We arrived on Sunday June 30th and took it upon ourselves to check out the local sites, as my man toy had never been to Ottawa. He's British and in love with Canada, so naturally he was excited.




We even tried some beavertails. Clive had apple cinnamon and I had maple syrup butter and chocolate. YUMMM



Ottawa is known for its large market, called ByWard Market. It is very similar to a Spitalfields or Borough market in London. It has loads of stalls with many hand crafted trinkets.




You know you are in Canada when!




This lock is probably the most intricate I have ever seen. It starts off so low and comes all the way up as you see here. It takes a super long time as well. While we were there, there was a few boats waiting to cross onto the other side and it took at least about an hour, as they were still there after we came back.





This is the view of Parliament hill from the back. Such a lovely building.



We even came across Woddy Wood Pecker and his friend. They were so cute.


Then I decided I wanted to make myself a flower crown, but much to my dismay, I had forgotten how.


Thankfully Clive came to the rescue and made it for me. Go figure :)




Later we were joined by my bro and his lovely gf for some dinner and more sight seeing.




To think that just a year ago, I was celebrating Canada Day in Trafalgar square, smack dab in the middle of London with Clive. Oh, how far we have come.

Stay tuned for the rest of the evening, where we spent time with Chris Hadfield, Carly Rea Jepsen and Metric.

What is your favourite part about Canada Day? Are you Canadian? If not, where are you from and when is your national day celebration?

Let me know, as I would love to learn more about where you guys are from and what your traditions are.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images