HAIRCUT 101

So I did it! I took the plunge. No, I did not get married :) I chopped off my locks. Like majorly. I love it! I cannot be happ...

So I did it! I took the plunge.

No, I did not get married :)
I chopped off my locks. Like majorly.



I love it! I cannot be happier with my do.
And this is a huge sigh of relief as I was very nervous to cut it.
Since it turned out so well for me I thought I would give those of you who are thinking of taking the plunge also, some tips on how to avoid a disaster hair cut.

1. Research your new do: Make sure you do your research on the cut and style that you want your hair to look like. This is important because it will give you a guide on how short you want it. It also enables you to save some pictures to take with you to the hair salon. 
2. Research hair salons: This is probably the most important. Make sure you look at the reviews of the salon by others, a good website for this is Yelp.com. I found an amazing place in London Soho called Headmasters, they do standby appointments, which basically are meant to fill cancellation appointments and cost much less than regular sessions. The only catch is that you cannot choose your stylist, but I dont think it will matter cause everyone there looked like they knew what they were doing.
3. Commit to your haircut: I know this step is a little ridiculous but I have had long hair for years and chopping it off was a scary thought. There were many times I chickened out. Not this time!

When at the salon do not be afraid to be blunt and let them know exactly what you want. I am not very good at this and usually let them get on with it. This time around I was a bit more careful.
An easy way to tell if they know what they are doing, is if they sit down with you before the cut for a consultation. They should be able to let you know your needs based on your hair type. If at the end of the cut you don't like something, tell them. Don't walk away until you are perfectly happy with how you look.

Hope this helps some of you take the plunge with me!

Let me know how it goes.

Below are some of my before and after shots. Enjoy :)






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images