HEALTHY START TO 2013

Happy New Year friends! The fact that it is already 2013 really boggles my mind. Where did the pas year fly off to and why am I nowhere...








Happy New Year friends!

The fact that it is already 2013 really boggles my mind. Where did the pas year fly off to and why am
I nowhere near my fitness goal? Oh I know, because I have been stuffing myself with yummy holiday treats and have only now realized how chubby I have become.

But I will not fret, because a new year means a new start, right? Oh, I really hope so.
To make one thing clear, I dont usually make new years resolutions, because I know myself and I tend not to keep them. Instead I would like to make a lifestyle change and start eating a bit healthier.

Here is a super light and easy lunch I made that is rich in nutrients and yummy factor.







I always try to make sure I have plenty of veggies, since they hold the most vitamins and nutrients you need. I also try and mix up the colours, greens are always good as they tend to hold most of the vitamins and minerals your body needs.



My love for cheese is a bit embarrassing, our fridge at the moment holds about 4 different types of cheese...yeah. But cheese is good for you, in moderation. I have used a simple smoked cheddar and blue cheese.



Lately, I have become obsessed with rock salt, so I used it to season the tomatos with it.
















 




There you have it. I also added a thick slice of ham, some patte and red chilli hummus. YUM!!!

I would like to state one negative thing about this delicious and low fat lunch. Vegetables in London are so expensive! I have no idea why. I have been told because this summer has been horrible where weather is concerned and the crop has not been as good.
These are the times I wish I had a super jet to fly me to a Toronto supermarket for some yummy and inexpensive veggies.
Well if this is not going to keep me on track, nothing will. Bring it on 2013, I am ready for you!

How are you going to keep healthy this year?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images