Prostate Cancer Canada - Father's Day 5K Run

Hello Friends! Running and I do not get along. I think the longest I have ever run is for 30min on the treadmill. To be frank, I hate runn...

Hello Friends!

Running and I do not get along. I think the longest I have ever run is for 30min on the treadmill. To be frank, I hate running.

But when my dad asked me to participate in a 5k run for Prostate Cancer Canada on Father's Day, I could not say no. Of course I said yes.

So we gathered our famjam and raised some funds for the cause.

The run took place in a park really close to where my parents live in Brampton. So naturally we all gathered at my folks place and rose bright and early for some fun.

Now you would think in preparation, I may have trained super hard to make sure I did not die on the day. Well, this was not the case, granted I did go out a few times but not merely enough. On the day, I had to not only physically prepare myself, but mentally as well because I was not at all ready.

Either way, I told myself, I could do it and hoped for at least a nice sunshine filled day out with the fam.

The sun decided to be stubborn and did not come out until after our race was over, in fact, it was raining pretty hardcore when we got there, which also probably scared off many people into attending, as there were not too many people present.

As an event planner, I must say I was a tiny bit disappointed by the way it was planned and organised  but honestly, at the end of the day, this is not what mattered. What mattered that we raised over $10,000 as a group in Brampton and really that should be the only thing worth noting.

See our fun below:


A little too excited.. 


Waiting for instructions.


The famjam team.



We had the Superdads come and entertain us. It was hilarious watching them dance and slip and fall on the rainy grass.


Then we had a good Zumba warm up, shaking our hips and genrally embarrassing ourselves.


Ready to go? Uhm..kinda.


There goes my Superdad!


That's me pretending to have a good time. I was dying inside.


But in the end we all finished and I ran my first 5k with only a few seconds stop here and there. I must say I am quite proud of myself. Naturally, Clive came in first, as he is insane, but overall we all had fun and I could see how much it meant to my dad.
It was a successful father's day indeed.

If you want to donate to the Prostate Cancer Canada foundation you can do so here. It is an amazing cause and will bring us that much closer to a cancer free life.

What were you up to for Father's Day?



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images