The Edge of the World

Hello Friends. First of all, sorry! Yes, I know I have been a blog slacker and have abandoned my baby for a bit. Things got a bit crazy....

Hello Friends.

First of all, sorry! Yes, I know I have been a blog slacker and have abandoned my baby for a bit.

Things got a bit crazy. But that is no excuse.

Alright lets get the big news out of the way.

I am moving back to Toronto!!! Yup, I am hauling my life from London and moving back to the Tdot. I am super excited and sad to be leaving. A very bittersweet moment.

The second big news is that admits all the moving, I got engaged over the Easter break!
We went for a little road trip to the South East coast of England and he popped the question right on Beachy Head, right on top of the white cliffs.

Just as well, I said yes, that spot is prime for suicides. The ring is beautiful and perfect. I am a lucky girl.

Our adventure began in Canterbury, where we saw old Pubs and tiny houses.


I wish you could see my face here, because I was drooling. I wanted to eat them all....yummm.


OOOPPPSSS, I pushed the whole house over. Sorry, I just dont know my own strength sometimes. Its safe to say, we walked away as quickly as possible from that one.




We made a few friends along the way.


This is us at Beachy Head, and me blissfully unaware.



I was just excited to be there...


Maybe a bit too excited?





And then the surprise of a lifetime....I was shocked. He made us stop for one last look, and took me in his arms. He said I love you and told me he had a question to ask me. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I started hyperventilating and said yes, shocked as I was, I even asked him if he was being serious (way to go Erika, way to go) But in the end he placed the rock on my finger with a huge grin and teary eyed we hugged and kissed and hugged some more.


After the excitement, we made a pit stop in Winchester and saw some beautiful cathedral and castle ruins.




Then is was off to the New Forest for some nature and animal cuddling.





I also found a fort and made it my mission to go inside. By my over excited face, you can see I succeeded.




So, thats it in a nutshell, or fortshell? Ya, either way, it was a trip I will remember forever.

Now its time to pack. Three more weeks and I will be back on Canadian soil.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images